Thursday 12 June 2014

Having Fate in School Fetes

Since deciding last December to no longer set up stalls and participate in craft fairs, besides hosting my own Open Houses, last Saturday was my first time back out there. 

It was my sons' school (Leighfield Academy in Uppingham - Rutland) fete and I was both excited but secretly dreading it. School fetes don't usually have a great reputation among crafters because they tend not to be profitable, so this is understandable. 

The PTA asked me to make items that the children can buy using their pocket money: I almost broke out in hives!!! Pocket money is not exactly my market!

As most crafters that I know, especially those that work with fabric, I don't throw out the tininess scrap of fabric and this proved to come in very handy!!! My first port-of-call for inspiration was Pinterest and I created this School Fete Board.

Since I was wasn't going to charge the cost of my labour on any of the Cheap and Cheerful Bits & Bobs items, they had to by quick and easy to make. Little that I know that making them would help to get me out of a sewing/creative slump and I had great fun making them. They also went down a treat with the kids (and some grown-ups too).

It turned out to be a successful day as I got lots of Newsletter Sign Ups and names of kids interested in my Sewing Workshops!

Leighfield's was so good that I will be doing Uppingham C of E's this Saturday 14th June.

If you are local, make sure to pop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment